Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Welcome to Consanguineous Connections!

Consanguineous: [kon-sang-gwin-ee-uh s]  Having the same ancestry or descent.

Welcome to my blog dedicated to documenting my family history!  This is a way for me to share the research I've already done with family members but will help me keep track of what I've done and where I need to focus my research.

I have been dabbling in genealogy since I was a teenager and found the old family bibles in my grandparents house.  I loved looking through the pages of births and marriages and deaths and trying to imagine what those lives were like so long ago.  What did these people do?  Where did they go?  If they moved, why?  Who married who?  The millions of questions that pop up when diving into the rabbit hole of genealogical research.

I have finally come to a point in my research where I need to be a bit more systematic and definitely start documenting what I've done and what I need to do.  This blog will help me do that.

As far as the family lines I am researching, my maternal line is my Barber & Hunt lines.  Most of these are in New York and Pennsylvania but it appears the Barber line came to PA from Connecticut.  My paternal line is a bit trickier since my great-grandfather on my paternal grandfather's side was adopted so the Chambers part of my family seems to stop there as I try to uncover that family line.  My paternal grandmother is from southwestern Virginia and those family lines are mostly Dishner and Gillenwater.

I also want a place where I can start writing down and documenting family stories as I uncover them.  I find them very interesting so hopefully others will as well.  So I hope you will enjoy this journey along with me!

If you have questions or comments regarding this blog, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment